Rest With God Resources
What does resting with God look like for you in this season of your life? This is the question we invite you to ask this month as we dig into this concept in Scripture on Sundays.
Here are some curated resources for you – we hope you can engage in what might be helpful for you!
Resources for connecting with God in the every day moments:
- Book: Liturgy of the Ordinary By Tish Harrison Warren
- Book: Practicing the Presence of God By Brother Lawrence
- Podcast: Listen to the Practice of the Presence of God Read to You
- Videos: Liturgy if the Ordinary Free Video Course by Seminary Now and Tish Harrison Warren
- Phone Wallpapers: Click for phone backgrounds that remind you to look for God’s presence everytime you look at your phone!
- PDF: Looking for “Kairos” Moments
- App: Lectio 356 – Morning and Evening Readings
- Playlist: Rest With God Playlist Curated my MCC Worship Team
Resources for engaging in practicing a weekly sabbath:
Sabbath is an ancient way to find rest for your soul.
The Sabbath is a 24-hour time period set aside to stop, rest, delight, and worship. It is the best day of the week. In our era of chronic exhaustion, emotional unhealth, and spiritual stagnation, few things are more necessary than the recovery of this ancient practice.
- Course by Practicing The Way – Free 4 week course on integrating a weekly sabbath into your life.
- 4 Part Podcast from Practicing The Way – Start with Episode 1
- Book: Subversive Sabbath by AJ Swoboda
- Book: The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
Resources for considering time management and how rest can be prioritized:
Resources for personal spiritual retreats (day or overnight):
- PDF: Personal Retreat Outline
- Book: Invitation to Retreat by Ruth Haley Barton
- Personal Retreat Locations near us: