It’s hard to believe all God has done in the last 7 months since we began to pray about coming together as one. Now the Elim Alumni have been with us for almost two months and we have only 23 days until we worship together at 13th and Madison – Sunday, April 2nd!
We are all experiencing a lot of change – 3 big changes (with a lot of others in the mix)
1. Two churches become one
2. Mill City has been growing significantly in the last 2 years
3. Moving worship locations
Woah! That is a lot of change!
Whether you like change or not, remember these helpful tips counselor Lisa Wold shared with our members last weekend:
- Try to be aware of your own signs of grief and loss – be curious about your emotions.
- Think about how you can care for yourself (and family members like kiddos) in this time of change and also loss.
- Be patient with each other – assume the best!
- Reach out to the prayer team, or the pastoral team if you need support.
CONSIDER JOINING US ON SUNDAY: Thriving Through Change and Transition – led by Cathy Bergland. Sunday, March 12th 4-6pm at The Commons. REGISTER NOW
ALL HANDS ON DECK:
- Please consider signing up to help us prepare 13th and Madison for the move – SIGN UP HERE
- We will need everyone to join in on Easter Weekend with the Egg Hunt, and with the Easter Services – SIGN UP HERE
FOUR Easter Services –
- Saturday, April 8th 5pm
- Sunday, April 9th 8am, 9:30am and 11am
While the Sanctuary is a similar size to the school auditorium – we have three important reasons to have four services:
1. Welcome and hospitality – We are excited to have guests join us for Easter to hear about Jesus! We want space for everyone and parking as well.
2. Emotional AND physical space – Many people in our community feel anxious with very full and crowded rooms. Please consider joining the Saturday service or 8am service to help us spread out.
3. Space to worship for team members on Saturday – those who are serving on Sunday morning in welcome, set up, communion and kids ministry will not need to serve Saturday night – so they will then be able to come worship without responsibility at that service if they would like to.
I look forward to this season of Lent with you!
P.S. For the planning type – here is the Spring Dates to have in your calendar.