Do we desire God’s wisdom in our lives and what would it look like to pursue it?
This is the question I posed in the sermon on Proverbs 8 in our series Wisdom In Action. This is a speech from Lady Wisdom, who is asking us this question as well. This post is a space to gather some more resources from The Bible Project on this topic because they have created some in depth resources on Lady Wisdom, which is topic that I have found is not studied as often my many other subjects. Yet it is so meaningful, important and rich!
In the sermon, we talked about how Lady Wisdom in her 4 part speech answers this question this way:
- See God’s wisdom as more valuable than anything else.
- Put wisdom into action
- Join in Jesus’ restoration – bringing order back from chaos
- Choose God’s wisdom daily
I also shared these definitions that can help you as you read Proverbs:
- Wisdom – skill or applied knowledge, practical and social skill of righteousness and justice, the kind of knowledge demonstrated through action.
- Knowledge (knowing) – relational reciprocal, knowing and being known.
- Understanding – ability to discern what it best, or good
- Instruction – What you don’t know that you need to know
- Desire – deepest wants – not merely pleasure but what could lead to true life and joy
- Discretion – Strategy behind wise action
Here are The Bible Project Resources I encourage you to check out!
- VIDEO: How to Read The Books of Solomon
- VIDEO: Proverbs 8 – The Visual Commentary
- BLOG: How God’s Wisdom Leads to Joy
- PODCAST: In The Beginning With Lady Wisdom