It’s finally Spring!
(click play to listen to this post read to you)
What an incredible weekend celebrating the resurrection of Jesus together.
It’s not only a new season regarding the weather – but a new season for our community as well!
Here are three new things I’m excited to share:
1. New Sermon Series & Gatherings
Sunday we will begin a new sermon series that will take us to Memorial Day weekend – it is called “What God is Like”. We will be exploring the most common description of God found in the Old Testament and see how Jesus is the incarnation of this description!
Every Monday we will send out resources and a guide to help you go deeper with a small group or conversation partner.
ALSO: SAVE THE DATES – Wednesdays during this series we are going to have a time we are calling “Praxis Gatherings” from 6:30-8pm every Wednesday Night from April 19th – May 24th.
This is a time to put into practice what we are learning from scripture each week. There will be a discussion and then a spiritual practice to do together. You can join any week you are able – no need to sign up, just come to door 3 at the church by 6:30pm any Wednesday.
All ages are invited to come! Mill City Youth group will be engaging the same topic and there will be space for Elementary kids to participate and a childcare option for little kids.
*no dinner provided but feel free to bring your own
2. New Ministry Team
We have a brand new ministry team called the Global Impact Team led by Pastor Paul. This team will consider how God is inviting our church to learn as well as join in what God is doing beyond our city.
The Global Impact Team is leading a trip to the US and Mexico border June 17-25th with Border Perspectives and our church plant Espiritu Santo – you’re invited! For more info on the trip or if you are interested in joining the team, email Pastor Paul – email@example.com.
This Sunday there will be an exhibit hosted by Border Perspectives in the Great Room – after each service you can walk through. This exhibit will provide you with a glimpse of what life and ministry are like in this tumultuous region of our country.
3. New Partnerships
With the adoption of Historic Elim Church we also adopted some new partnerships!
I want to highlight them here and their mission. You can learn more on their websites linked here:
- Elim Preschool – Flexible, affordable and faith-based preschool right in our church building! The time is now to get your spot for Fall 2023!
- Hope Ave Twin Cities – An outreach ministry to those experiencing homelessness. Hope Ave Shelter is in North Minneapolis. This ministry is led by our own Pastor Becky Hanson.
- Tasks Unlimited – Tasks Unlimited provides supported employment, housing and recovery services to create opportunities for people with mental illness so they can achieve their full potential. They currently have a day time drop-in resource center at The Mill City Commons.
- MICAH – “Metropolitan Interfaith Council on Affordable Housing”, this organization is led by now Mill City member Sue Watlov Phillips
This isn’t even all that is new in our community! More to share next week 🙂